purebred gelding [03/1344]
x Hazel Dew)
wned by Dr Rebecca Hamilton-Fletcher
We have one of his earlier offspring,
(1998 dun gelding, out of Hazel Dew), who is rapidly assuming a similarly legendary status - in our eyes at least, and you might just like to add his CV and proof of longevity to his dad's attributes as a sire! We have owned Gunner for seven years now, and he will be with us til the day he dies. Although he is now 20 he looks amazing, and is as feisty and as competitive as ever. He has never been sick or sorry, and has never taken a lame step - the complete epitome of healthiness and hardiness (& I'm an equine vet - so I should know!).
With his previous owners he competed very successfully in BYRDS and affiliated Workers, being placed at HOYS in both the plaiteds and the M&M WHP finals.
He joined us when both he and my daughter were 12, and together they've had a stellar career, which has included the following;
- Multiple WHP Championships, including BSPS Champs, P(UK), RIHS etc;
- National School Dressage Champion in 2012;
- National Pony Club Eventing Champion in 2013;
- Been to Pony Club National Champs every year, from Junior level to Open level;
- Impeccable BE record - 3rd in the U21 South West BE league last year;
- Just missed qualification for Badminton Grassroots Ch'ship last year; he already has three regional final tickets to contest later this year
- Twice BSPS area 11 Supreme Points Champion;
- Winner of BSPS 11 WHP points cup for last seven years;
- BCPS Performance Pony of the Year - winner in 2014 (over 4,000 points clear of anyone else!); 2nd in 2015, 4th in 2016, and the winner again last year (the only pony to score over 10,000 points).
- He is currently the BCPS Overseas Ambassador for the breed!
He is utterly amazing, tough, sound, genuine, competitive, consistent. He is adored by us all, and is a complete part of the family.
Now that Bethany is busy at University, I have taken over the reins and am doing affiliated dressage and eventing with him. We have already qualified for the BD Combined training Ch'ships, plus the PetPlan Area festivals. With our combined ages just short of 80, we refuse to slow up!
Gunner is the complete all rounder, and everyone is in awe of him around the south west.
I am attaching various photos of Gunner, and would love to hear back from you as to how is dad is. And I don't suppose you have any baby Gunner's for sale??
Kind regards, Dr Rebecca Hamilton-Fletcher, Touchwood, Hale Purlieu, Nr Fordingbridge, Hants SP6 2NN