Fondest memories of the ponies of Foothills Farms and Piedmont Connemaras that we have loved and lost.

Blue Hills Erin

(1977 - 2014)

Bought together in 1988; laid to rest together on our farm on 1/31/14

Blue Hills Morning Star

(1981 - 2014)

Beacon's Teago

(2000 - 2010)

Teago was given to me in 2007 as a gree-broke pony. He was one of several foals we had bred to Big Bear's MacCushula, owned by Jane Willians. Teago has passed hands twice before I got him. I put him to work and he became the most awesome mountain trail pony one could ask for. He came to the rescue of others in more than one disaster that other people had (once during a carriage driving accident and another memorable 911 incident in a mud-slide on the side of a mountain. I rode him at the National Drive (before I took up the hobby myself) and he was never bothered by the carriage or commotion. When I returned from a business trip, I was devasted by the news that he had been struck and instantly killed during a storm at the farm.

Foothills Ladybug

(1989 - 2007)
This story begins in 1988 in Tennesssee when I bought one of my first Connemaras, Blue Hills Erin. She was a feral mare who had been living with her brother, Blue Hills Boy, and Erin was guaranteed in foal - to her brother! A few months later, Foothills Ladybug was born.
Lady was born in North Carolina. At weaning, we moved Erin to our family property in Tennessee.
At age 3 she went to a hunter farm. She was being prepared to show to a top pony hunter trainer in SC (Jack T) but before she could be tried by him, she was bought by a family at teh hunter barn where she was in training. Then, the family moved to Colorado and I lost track of her.

I had a notice on my website "Any information on the whereabout of Foothills Ladybug would be greatlyt appreciated". In 2000, I got a call from Mary Pruitt who said she thought she had found my Ladybug. She had been standing around for years not doing much except for the occasional training. The family needed to sell her and I wanted her back, so she was soon on a trailer from CO to TN. She was then 12 years old.

During the short 6 years after I got her back, Lady because the wonderful kid's pony that I knew she was meant to be. My oldest son rode her bareback (his Indian pony) as he explored the farm. I rode her in local dressage shows, where the told me I couldn't come back until I moved up a level (because we won everything), and she spent her final days at Lake Oconee Equestrian Center where she spend her final days bring tons of joy and success to the children there. She died of natural causes.